Welcome, new BSc and MSc marketing students!
The fall is finally here, and your adventure in the fascinating world of marketing studies is about to start! This year we have the biggest number of new marketing students in years, and boy, have we prepared a good semester for you! If you didn't know already, we are Aalto Marketing Society, your new home team and association in Aalto University.
Here we have gathered some important things for new marketing students to remember as your studies start:
- Marketing Manual - We, AMS, together with the Department of Marketing have put together a handy welcoming guide for you that contains information and things new marketing students should know about. It will be conveniently delivered straight to your home, so keep an eye on your snail mail
- Kickoff Session - On Thursday 7.9.2017 we are having the official kickoff session for both new masters and bachelors marketing students. You should have received the invitation and schedule to your mail by now. The day starts with introductions from the Department of Marketing, where they'll help you plan your studies and pick courses. The evening ends with free traditional crayfish party at the KY building, where you get the chance to get to know the AMS culture and your new study friends
- Meet your Masters - KY's Masters' Club is throwing a welcoming party, "Meet your Masters" for all new MSc-students at the KY building on Wednesday 6.9.2017, starting at 20:00. The event is free, and of course Aalto Marketing Society is there also! So if you're a new marketing student starting your MSc in Marketing, come and join us!
- Aalto Party - the orientation week ends with one of the best Aalto events of the year - the Aalto Party! AMS is having a tent and checkpoint there, so come and hang out with other marketing students from 16:00 onwards on 8.9.2017. Aalto Party takes place in Otaniemi.
- Join Aalto Marketing Society - We are your association, so you should remember to officially join Aalto Marketing Society right now! It's free and it'll get you great benefits. Read more about it and join AMS here
- Remember to join the AMS Facebook group after you have applied for membership to get together with all AMS members and follow us on Facebook and Instagram to keep in touch with what's going on. It's going to be a busy rest of the year for marketing students!
If you have any questions, you can always contact the board. The board is here to make your studies as fun and easy as possible.