Search for AMS board 2018 is now open
It's that time for you to make one of the best choices of your life: Apply for the board of Aalto Marketing Society 2018 now!
The board of Aalto Marketing Society is the main operational part of AMS. The board takes care of all daily activities of AMS, and now is your chance to be part of it! The board of AMS officially represents all marketing students of Aalto University School of Business in business life, in Aalto University, in AYY, in Helsinki business school graduates and among other student organizations. As a Member of the board YOU get to shape the way AMS operates, evolves and does things!
How it works?
The board is selected in two parts.
- the chair of the board is elected in the first part of the fall meeting on 16.11., 19:00 onwards at KY building. After the chair has been chosen, the fall meeting takes a break
- After the break, the chair chooses how many seats (i.e. members) there will be in his/hers board. The rest of the board is selected in the second part of the fall meeting on 21.11., 18:00 onwards at KY building.
What do I need to do?
If you’d like to apply to be the Chair of AMS 2018, you have until the beginning of fall meeting to apply. That means, you can submit your application via the application form or come to the meeting before the meeting officially starts and state that you’d like to apply to be the Chair of AMS. However, applying beforehand is highly recommended.
Then, simply come to the fall meeting or send your application in a form of your choice (e.g. a letter or video) if you can’t physically attend the meeting. All full AMS members present at the meeting then vote anonymously in a closed ticket ballot between the candidates and a new chair is then chosen based on results.
If you’d like to apply to be part of the AMS board 2018, you have until 21.11. to apply. Send your application via the application form or state your desire to apply for the board before the fall meeting continues. However, sending your application beforehand is strongly recommended, as the Chair usually makes the final choice regarding the size of the board based on applications send beforehand.
Then, simply come to the second part of fall meeting or send your application in a form of your choice (e.g. a letter or video) if you can’t physically attend the meeting. All full members present at the meeting then vote anonymously in a closed ticket ballot between the candidates (each member gets to name their list of preferred members of the board based on applications) and a the board is then chosen based on results.
IMPORTANT: You don’t apply for any specific position in the board. After the board has been elected, the board will choose their specific roles among themselves.
What kind of roles are there in the board?
- Vice Chair
- Master of Ceremonies (=event coordinator)
- AD & Brand Manager
- Community coordinator
- Corporate relations
- Academic Affairs
You can read more about what these different roles mean by checking out our current board page!
Why should I apply? What do I get if I’m in the board?
- You get to shape directly what Aalto Marketing Society does in the year 2018
- You get a direct chance to affect how marketing studies are done and arranged in Aalto University
- You get to represent all marketing students in various committees, organizations and round tables (as well as dozens of events, parties, annual balls etc.) and tell and share other people what marketing students think about things
- You get direct access to the heart of Aalto student community, giving you the chance to shape how Aalto student life develops
- You get to meet dozens of intelligent, fun, smart and important people ranging from other students and professors to business executives and marketing alumni to supercharge your personal and professional networks
- You get to learn the traditions and distinct cultural things of Aalto Marketing Society
- You get lots of cool swag to spice up your white tie- and overalls- game
- You get to have unforgettable time and countless unique experiences and memories in the company of other awesome board members
Q: How much time does it take?
A: Depends on what’s happening and what your role is, but from couple of hours per week to longer full days before big events. Varies a lot! Board work could be compared to getting a new hobby, that you spent few hours here and few hours there on every week
Q: I’m thinking of going / I am going to have an exchange semester in year 2018. Can I still join the board?
A: Unfortunately, no. The board year takes a one whole calendar year, and you have to be committed and available through the whole year as AMS has wide range of tasks, events and activities to look after during the whole year. Thus, spending half / several months of the year away doesn’t really work
Q: Who can apply?
A: Every registered full AMS member (i.e. you are a student at Aalto University and have signed up to be a member)
Q: I don’t want to be in the board, but I’d like to vote and have my say on who’s getting there. What do I need to do?
A: Just come to the fall meeting and cast your vote! No need to register beforehand, but yes, you have to physically be there
Q: I can’t get to the meeting, but I’d really really like to apply. Am I doomed?
A: No you’re not. You can also send for example a video or a letter about why you should be chosen to represent you in the meeting if you can’t make it to the meeting in person
Q: I’m interested in learning more about the actual tasks of a certain board role. How do I proceed?
A: You can always contact us and we are happy to tell you more! Check out the contact information here